Thursday, November 5, 2015

How can I repurpose my baby's clothes?

My little one is growing out of her clothes so fast I'm not sure where to put all of it. So, I looked up some fun ways to repurpose her clothes and wanted to share.

My first recommendation is if you're looking to have another baby soon, buy a bin with a lid and save the clothes. If there are clothes with tags on them, I take them back to the store they belong too and ask for store credit to buy things like diapers, formula, etc. Another great idea for clothes with tags on them is to re-gift them to another baby. (yep that's right I said re-gift) :)

If you're like me and take every item that is owned by your little one so close and dear to your heart, why not make some use of it instead of keeping it locked away to collect dust.

First Im going to show how to make a turbin headband using an outgrown onesie. It takes 2-3 minutes, there is no sewing involved and all you need is a pair of scissors.

Use a onesie of your choice. I chose a plain white one for demonstration purposes only but patterned onesies are a lot more fun. First, lay your onesie out on a flat surface.
 
  
Next you cut a strip in the middle about 2-3 inches wide or the width of your choice:
 
 
Take the middle piece and twist it once, then twist it again:
 
 
Bring the two ends together and you have yourself a homemade headband
 

  
Here are some posts I found on Pinterest on other fun ways to repuropose your baby clothes: 

Turn them into doll clothes 

Make a quilt 

Lastly, add layers to adjust the size 
 
If you have another idea please share in the comments below! 

P.S. Be sure to follow our Instagram page: babyxolei &  Pinterest: xenea02


 

No comments:

Post a Comment