Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Best chocolate chip cookie recipe

Everyone has that one thing that takes them away from life. That thing that makes you feel like its Christmas morning and all of the gifts under the tree are for you. My thing is baking; I LOVE baking! When I was younger I was a fan of store bought cookie dough. I would tag along with my mom when she shopped for groceries and made sure to always throw in a roll of sugar cookie dough and chocolate chip cookie dough. When it was time to bake I would mix the two dough's together and OMG it was the most tasteful cookie.


Now I find myself following recipes instead of buying pre-made dough. One of my favorite cookie to bake is of course a yummy soft chocolate chip one. I found a recipe years ago and made sure to save it because the cookies came out perfect and I have family and friends that will confirm this. They are seriously the best chocolate chip cookies. Here is my favorite recipe:

Yields: a little over 2 dozen

Ingredients:

2 + 1/4 Cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 + 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup butter (1 + 1/2 stick, melted)
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 white sugar
1 large egg + 1 egg yolk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup chocolate chips or chocolate chunks

Directions:

You are going to need two bowls. In one bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, corn starch and salt. (I use a whisk to mix these ingredients) Set aside.

In your second bowl (I use my Kitchen Aid Mixer as my second bowl), whisk the melted butter, brown sugar, and white sugar together. Make sure there are no lumps. Whisk in egg and mix, then whisk in the egg yolk. Then add in the vanilla.

After the wet ingredients are mixed (I switch out the whisk for the flat beater attachment on my stand mixer) take the dry ingredients from your first bowl and slowly add them into the wet ingredients. Once they all come together fold in the chocolate chips (I let the mixer do this for me on the lowest speed). Be sure the chips are evenly distributed.

 
Cover the dough and refrigerate for 2 hours. CHILLING IS VERY VERY IMPORTANT! 

 
Take the dough out and let it sit at room temperature for 10 minutes.

Preheat oven to 325*F and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper (or I just spray my baking sheets with baking spray)
I then starting rolling the dough into 1-1 1/2 inch balls and place them about 2in apart. If you want a thicker cookie give the ball more height than width.
Bake for 11-12 minutes.
 
The cookies are going to look underbaked but will continue to cook on the baking sheet. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before moving them. 


Grab yourself a tall glass of milk, turn on some Netflix and enjoy these amazing cookies!

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment